Pirates minor league affiliates went 0-4 on Saturday as their respective offenses struggled to get much done.
Here are the notable performances.
Triple-A Indianapolis Indians (44-50)
OF Josh Palacios
- Game: 2-for-4 with a solo homer.
- Season: .356/.417/.606 with six doubles, one triple and six home runs in 25 minor league games between Altoona and Indianapolis.
C Grant Koch
- Game: 2-for-3 with a two-run homer.
- Season: .229/.286/.406 with five doubles and four home runs in 29 games.
Jared Jones started for Indianapolis and allowed two runs in four innings in their 5-3 loss to the Iowa Cubs. Koch’s homer put Indianapolis up 3-2 in the eighth inning, but Cody Bolton allowed a three-run walk off blast in his second game since the Pirates demoted him back to Triple-A.
Double-A Altoona Curve (41-44)
3B Jackson Glenn
- Game: 3-for-4 with a double and a home run.
- Season: .293/.365/.462 with ten doubles and seven home runs in 49 games between Greensboro and Altoona.
DH Abrahan Gutierrez
- Game: 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Season: .247/.352/.385 with 10 doubles and five home runs in 50 games between Greensboro and Altoona.
A forgettable night for the Curve, who had just two extra base hits (both from Glenn) in their 3-1 loss to the Reading Fightin Phils. Right-handed reliever Justin Meis acquitted himself well with three scoreless innings, allowing one walk to six strikeouts.
High-A Greensboro Grasshoppers (43-43)
RHP Po-Yu Chen
- Game: two earned runs and seven strikeouts across seven innings pitched.
- Season: 4-6 with a 4.10 ERA and 85 strikeouts in 90 innings.
RF Sammy Siani
- Game: 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Season: .231/.331/.376 with nine doubles, a triple and seven home runs.
The Grasshoppers fell to the Wilmington Blue Rocks 2-1. Chen pitched an excellent game, but a two-run fifth from Wilmington made the difference as Greensboro struggled to plate runs.
Single-A Bradenton Marauders (51-37)
INF Yordany De Los Santos
- Game: 2-for-3 with a run scored.
- Season: .279/.344/.396 with eight doubles, one triple and one home run in 30 games between rookie ball and Single-A.
LHP Dominic Perachi
- Game: one earned run and three strikeouts in six innings.
- Season: 3-0 with a 4.31 ERA and 63 strikeouts in 64.2 innings.
The Marauders fell to the Fort Myers Mighty Mussels 3-2. Bradenton held a 2-1 lead for much of the game despite managing just four hits, but allowed a pair of runs in the ninth inning as Pittsburgh native Julian Bosnic blew his save attempt.