Pirates minor league affiliates went 2-2 on the day with a big offensive performance from the Altoona Curve.
Triple-A Indianapolis Indians (50-56)
LHP Cam Alldred
- Game: 6 IP, 2 ER with 3 K’s.
- Season: 7-4 with a 4.81 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 78.2 innings.
Indianapolis fell to the Gwinnett Stripers 5-1, managing just four hits: one of them a home run from Ji-Hwan Bae amidst his rehab assignment.
Double-A Altoona Curve (48-49)
LF Matt Frazier
- Game: 3-for-5 with a double and three RBI.
- Season: .254/.330/.361 with 14 doubles, a triple and six home runs in 88 games.
RHP Aaron Shortridge
- Game: 6 IP, 1 ER, 9 K’s.
- Season: 6-7 with a 5.11 ERA and 85 K’s in 100.1 innings.
The Curve lit up the Richmond Flying Squirrels 9-1. Frazier recorded a multi-hit day, as did Tsung-Che Cheng, Chavez Young and Jackson Glenn. Altoona kept the line moving in a balanced offensive performance where eight of nine batters got at least one hit.
High-A Greensboro Grasshoppers (53-45)
RHP Derek Diamond
- Game: 5 IP, 3 ER and 2 K’s.
- Season: 9-3 with a 3.95 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 86.2 innings.
RF Tres Gonzalez
- Game: 1-for-4 with a three-run home run.
- Season: .281/.394/.412 with 20 doubles and eight home runs.
Greensboro took down the Asheville Tourists 5-3 despite just five hits. Trailing 3-1 late, Gonzalez’ three-run bomb put the Grasshoppers ahead for good.
Single-A Bradenton Marauders (58-42)
LF Rodolfo Nolasco
- Game: 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
- Season: .197/.333/.398 with 15 doubles and 13 home runs.
2B Charles McAdoo
- Game: 2-for-4 with a double.
- Season: .500/.615/.600 in three games for the Marauders.
Bradenton fell to the Tampa Tarpons 4-2, managing seven hits but struggling to string them together.