It was the Bubba Chandler show as one of the top Pittsburgh Pirates’ prospects shoved in his last start on Tuesday night. The young right-hander went seven innings and gave up four hits and no earned runs.
Chandler, in two out of his four starts in August, has gone at least seven innings and gave up no runs in both starts.
Chandler was one of many Pirates’ prospects to impress on Tuesday. Let’s take a look. Travel down to the farm and see who stood out.
3B Jared Triolo
- Game stats: 3-4, one homer, one RBI, and one run scored
- Season stats: .309/.407/.473, two homers, three triples, 15 doubles, eight stolen bases, and 26 RBIs (165 at-bats, or 45 games between Low-A, and Triple-A)
LF Miguel Andujar
- Game stats: 3-3, a homer, double, RBI, and run scored
- Season stats: .352/.419/.562, 16 homers, two triples, 28 doubles, and 85 RBIs (381 at-bats, or 95 games)
It was a rough one for the Indy Indians and Jared Jones. Jones went five innings but gave up six earned runs while walking three and allowing eight hits.
Kyle Nicolas had a perfect two innings of work, however. In his two perfect innings, the right-hander managed to strike out two.
The Indians fell to the Iowa Cubs 10-4.
DH Mike Jarvis
- Game stats: 1-3, one home run, three RBIs, two runs scored
- Season stats: .234/.315/.424, 11 homers, five triples, ten doubles, 25 stolen bases, and 48 RBIs (278 at-bats, or 73 games between High-A and Double-A)
SS Andres Alvarez
- Game stats: 1-2, a double, two runs scored, and two walks
- Season stats: .221/.294/.356, seven homers, 15 doubles, and 29 RBIs (267 at-bats, or 76 games)
The Curve opened up a six-game homestand against the Akron Rubber Ducks and took game one in dominating fashion.
Nick Dombkowski went a respectable five innings and gave up just two earned runs during that span. In addition, Omar Cruz pitched three shutout innings while only giving up two hits and no earned runs.
Jarvis blasted his first Double-A homer and Tsung-Che Cheng continued hitting, finishing 2-4 on the night. The Curve won 9-2 Tuesday night.
RHP Bubba Chandler
- Game stats: 7.0 IP, four hits, no earned runs, no walks, and six strikeouts
- Season stats: 8-4, 4.90 ERA, 101.0 IP, 49 walks, and 116 strikeouts in 23 games (23 starts)
SS Jack Brannigan
- Game stats: 2-4, one home run, two RBIs, one run scored
- Season stats: .276/.385/.544, 18 homers, three triples, ten doubles, 22 stolen bases, and 46 RBIs (261 at-bats or 74 games between Low-A and High-A)
Chandler just put on a pitching clinic Tuesday night. One of the more significant indicators of Chandler’s development was allowing no walks in seven innings pitched.
Chandler has allowed no earned runs in 14 innings pitched in two out of his last four starts in August. In addition, Chandler has allowed eight hits, no walks, and struck out 12.
SS Mitch Jebb
- Game stats: 2-5, a double, and a run scored
- Season stats: .299/.382/.377, one triple, four doubles, eight stolen bases, and six RBIs (77 at-bats, or 19 games)
LF/RF Rodolfo Nolasco
- Game stats: 2-3, two doubles, and one walk
- Season stats: .215/.357/.434, 16 homers, 20 doubles, ten stolen bases, and 58 RBIs (311 at-bats, or 89 games)
Bradenton didn’t stand much chance on Tuesday night when they faced Jupiter. Hung-Leng Chang went four innings while giving up two earned runs (three runs in total) and took the loss.
The Marauders’ offense was non-existent, as Lonnie White Jr. and Deivis Nadal were the only Bradenton players to drive in a run. As a result, the Marauders lost 7-2.