Pirates Prospect Watch: Indianapolis Strikes out 15; Dariel Lopez Impresses
With the Pittsburgh Pirates sweeping the Milwaukee Brewers Thursday afternoon, you may not have paid attention to the farm system. There weren’t a whole lot of exciting things for the Pirates prospects on Thursday night, but there were still some that deserve some recognition. Which Pirates prospects showed up to play?
Let’s head on down to the farm and see!
INF Rodolfo Castro
- Game: 1 for 4 with a two-run home run
- Season at Triple-A: .248 average with 12 home runs and 40 RBIs in 258 at-bats
RHP Osvaldo Bido
- Game: three innings pitched, two runs (one earned), one walk, and eight strikeouts
- Season: 5.35 ERA, 76 strikeouts, 46 walks, and 70.2 innings pitched
Indianapolis defeated Louisville 5-3, powered behind homers by Castro and Brendt Citta and a total of 15 strikeouts between Bido and the bullpen.
DNP Rained Out. Doubleheader on Saturday.
INF Dariel Lopez
- Game: 2 for 4 and an RBI
- Season: .291 average with 19 home runs and 48 RBIs in 333 at-bats
RHP Santiago Florez
- Game: two innings pitched, no hits, no runs, two walks, and five strikeouts
- Season: 6.93 ERA, 51 strikeouts, 21 walks, and 49.1 innings pitched
Greensboro fell to Bowling Green 6-3. Lopez continued to impress with a multi-hit game, and Florez and Wandi Montout kept Greensboro in the game, pitching three combined shutout innings.
OF Jasiah Dixon
- Game: 2 for 4 with a double and stolen base
- Season: .260 average with six stolen bases and eight RBIs in 77 at-bats
TWP Bubba Chandler
- Game: 0 for 2 with two walks and a stolen base
- Season: .224 average with three home runs and 13 RBIs in 58 at-bats
Bradenton fell to Fort Myers 7-4. Bradenton went 1 for 4 with runners in scoring position and couldn’t get much of anything from its pitching staff. Dixon was the only hitter to register a multi-hit game and record an extra-base hit for Bradenton.