For the first time since August 2019, The Altoona Curve had a starting pitcher hurl a complete game.
Aaron Shortridge has found his groove as of late and has now gone a combined 15 innings while giving up 13 hits, three runs (two earned), one walk, and 16 strikeouts in his last two starts.
Shortridge was among many Pittsburgh Pirates prospects to show up on Friday night. Let’s look at the farm system and see how the Young Bucs fared.
RHP Cody Bolton
- Game stats: 1.2 IP, one hit, no runs, no walks, and three strikeouts
- Season stats: 1-4, 4.03 ERA, 38 IP, 14 walks, and 38 strikeouts in 28 games (two starts)
DH Domingo Leyba
- Game stats: 3-4, with a homer, triple, and two RBIs
- Season stats: .355/.437/.558, six homers, one triple, eight doubles, and 25 RBIs (138 at-bats, or 41 games)
The Indians have yet to win against Nashville this series and fell Friday night by a score of 7-5.
There was little home to write about for Indianapolis, but Domingo Leyba belted his third homer in Triple-A and a triple and an RBI single.
Cam Alldred ate some innings but didn’t fare well with six earned runs, five walks, and four hits in 5.1 innings pitched.
RHP Aaron Shortridge
- Game stats: 9.0 IP, six hits, two runs (one earned), no walks, and seven strikeouts
- Season stats: 7-7, 4.77 ERA, 109.1 IP, 38 walks, and 92 strikeouts in 23 games (21 starts)
DH Jacob Gonzalez
- Game stats: 1-3 with two RBIs
- Season stats: ..230/.288/.345, seven homers, six doubles, and 31 RBIs (235 at-bats, or 65 games)
Shortridge put forth a brilliant effort for Altoona against the Erie Seawolves. Shortridge had never gone nine full innings in his career until Friday.
The offense did just enough to eke out a 3-2 win. Gonzalez led the Curve with two RBIs with a sac-fly and an RBI single.
RHP Derek Diamond
- Game stats: 5.0 IP, three hits, one earned run, three walks, and nine strikeouts
- Season stats: 10-3, 3.83 ERA, 91.2 IP, 21 walks, and 79 strikeouts in 19 games (16 starts between Low-A and High-A)
2B Jack Brannigan
- Game stats: 2-5 with a homer, RBI, and run scored
- Season stats: .274/.396/.534, 14 homers, three triples, ten doubles, 21 stolen bases, and 40 RBIs (223 at-bats, or 65 games between Low-A and High-A)
The Grasshoppers have won, yet again. Thanks to a strong effort from Diamond and a few key offensive occurrences, the Grasshoppers pulled off a 5-1 win over Greenville.
In addition, Brannigan homered again and now has a home run in five-straight games. Brenden Dixon also homered Friday night, making it his tenth of the year.
SS Yordany De Los Santos
- Game stats: 2-4 with 2 RBIs, and one run scored
- Season stats: .264/.358/.377, two homers, one triple, ten doubles, 22 stolen bases, and 25 RBIs (159 at-bats, or 44 games between the FCL and Low-A)
1B Omar Alfonso
- Game Stats: 3-4 with three RBIs and one walk
- Season Stats: .242/.427/.414, four homers, five doubles, and 23 RBIs (99 at-bats, or 38 games between the FCL and Low-A)
The Marauders took a permanent lead in the sixth inning after a sac fly from De Los Santos and an RBI single from Rivas.
Rivas and De Los Santos led the Marauders over Fort Myers by a score of 7-4.
Bradenton’s bullpen pitched a combined four innings of shutout ball after starter Wilber Dotel had four runs (three earned) score on him in his 5.0 innings of work.