Pittsburgh Pirates prospect Quinn Priester is getting closer and closer to reaching the big leagues, and he took another step in the right direction on Thursday night.
As the season has gone one, Priester has seemingly become more and more comfortable while just one more promotion away from the major leagues.
In addition to Priester, here are the other Pirates’ prospects who played well on Thursday.
RHP Quinn Priester
- Game stats: 7.1 innings, five hits, two runs, no walks, three strikeouts
- Season stats: 7-3, 4.36 ERA, 42er/86.2ip, 83 hits, 35 walks, 84 strikeouts, 17 appearances/17 starts
C Endy Rodriguez
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one run, one walk
- Season stats: .258/.342/.390, 14 doubles, three triples, five home runs, 33 RBIs, four steals, 65 games
Priester’s strong start was backed by three times on base from Rodriguez in Indianapolis’ 3-2 win over the Memphis Redbirds.
Pirates prospects Alika Williams and Aaron Shackelford each finished the night 2 for 4.
LF Lolo Sanchez
- Game stats: 2 for 4, two runs
- Season stats: .217/.344/.300, six doubles, three home runs, 17 RBIs, four steals, 56 games
2B Jackson Glenn
- Game stats: 1 for 3, one RBI, one walk
- Season stats: .154/.267/.231, one double, two RBIs, one steal, three games
Sanchez singled twice and Glenn reached twice for Altoona in their 5-3 loss to the Erie SeaWolves.
Pirates prospects Noe Toribio and Tahnaj Thomas combined for 3.2 innings of scoreless relief.
CF Tres Gonzalez
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one home run, one double, three RBIs, one run
- Season stats: .269/.387/.371, 10 doubles, three home runs, 22 RBIs, 14 steals, 49 games
LF Jase Bowen
- Game stats: 1 for 4, one home run, one RBI, one run
- Season stats: .261/.336/.506, nine doubles, two triples, 17 home runs, 61 RBIs, 12 steals, 66 games
Gonzalez’s big game and Bowen’s 17th homer of the season led a big night with the bats for Greensboro, though they were defeated by the Aberdeen IronBirds 11-7.
Pirates prospect Will Matthiessen also homered for Greensboro in the loss.
DH Josiah Sightler
- Game stats: 3 for 5, one RBI
- Season stats: .500/.462/.792, one double, two home runs, 10 RBIs, six games
CF Shalin Polanco
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one double
- Season stats: .250/.333/.463, 15 doubles, 12 home runs, 42 RBIs, 16 steals, 63 games
Thanks in part to a combined five hits from Sightler and Polanco, Bradenton defeated the Daytona Tortugas 4-2.
Pirates prospects Nick Cimillo and Deivis Nadal each doubled and drove in a run.