Another round of awards this MLB offseason have been announced as the Silver Sluggers were named on Thursday.
- Catcher: Adley Rutschman (Orioles)
- First base: Yandy Díaz (Rays)
- Second base: Marcus Semien (Rangers)
- Shortstop: Corey Seager (Rangers)
- Third base: Rafael Devers (Red Sox)
- Outfield: Kyle Tucker (Astros)
- Outfield: Julio Rodríguez (Mariners)
- Outfield: Luis Robert Jr. (White Sox)
- DH: Shohei Ohtani (Angels)
- Utility: Gunnar Henderson (Orioles)
- Team: Texas Rangers
- Catcher: William Contreras (Brewers)
- First base: Matt Olson (Braves)
- Second base: Luis Arraez (Marlins)
- Shortstop: Francisco Lindor (Mets)
- Third base: Austin Riley (Braves)
- Outfield: Ronald Acuña Jr. (Braves)
- Outfield: Mookie Betts (Dodgers)
- Outfield: Juan Soto (Padres)
- DH: Bruce Harper (Phillies)
- Utility: Cody Bellinger (Cubs)
- Team: Atlanta Braves
Looking at the hot stove, the Boston Red Sox have reportedly been interested in acquiring New York Yankees second baseman Gleyber Torres. Though there is no indication a deal will happen at this point, that would be quite a trade between two archrivals.
In search of outfield help this MLB offseason, the Yankees have have discussed the possibility of signing four-time Gold Glove winner Kevin Kiermaier, per The Athletic. Kiermaier has spent his entire 11-year career in the American League East — 10 seasons in Tampa Bay and last year with Toronto.
Additionally, the Yankees have expressed interest in St. Louis Cardinals outfielders Brendan Donovan and Alec Burleson.
It seems like every team in the league is seeking starting pitching help this winter. No surprise there. The Mets, Orioles, Red Sox, Pirates and Nationals all publicly expressed their desire for rotation help recently while at the GM meetings.
The San Diego Padres are one of three teams still looking to fill their managerial vacancy. According to Dennis Lin of The Athletic, they formally interviewed Phi Nevin for the job earlier this week. Nevin was manager of the Los Angeles Angels before he was replaced by Ron Washington.
Around The Network
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Penguins Update Tristan Jarry Injury, Swollen but Avoids the Worst
Steelers Now: Three Steelers Veterans Who Need to Step Up
Pittsburgh Sports Now: Previewing Duquesne’s Non-Conference Battle Against College of Charleston