There wasn’t a whole lot going on for the Pittsburgh Pirates and their farm system on Saturday night.
A few prospects stood out, like Emanuel Terrero for Bradenton, and Liover Peguero for Altoona, but other than that, it was a relatively quiet night for the young Bucs.
Let’s take a look at all four teams and who stood out.
C Henry Davis
- Game stats: 0-2, with three walks and one run scored
- Season stats: .279/.431/.537 slash line
RHP Cody Bolton
- Game stats: Two innings pitched, one hit, no runs, no walks, and three strikeouts
- Season stats: 15 games, 1-2 record, 2.57 ERA, 21 innings pitched, 24 strikeouts, seven walks
Bolton pitched a wonderful two innings to start the game, and Davis was patient, but the Indians fell to the Stormchasers 9-5
INF Liover Peguero
- Game stats: 3-5 with an RBI homer
- Season stats: .272/.346/.437 slash line
RHP Nick Dombkowski
- Game stats: three innings pitched, one hit, no earned runs, one walk, and three strikeouts
- Season stats: 17 games, 1-2 record, 5.08 ERA, 28.1 innings pitched, 21 strikeouts, and 10 walks
It was a brutal night for the Curve as they got demolished by a score of 11-2, but one of the Pirates’ top prospects, Peguero, had a strong night at the plate.
RF Will Matthiessen
- Game stats: 2-3, one home run, three RBIs, one run, one walk
- Season stats: .274/.384/.468 slash line
Matthiessen provided three out of the four runs scored for Greensboro as they fell 8-4 Saturday night.
RF Enmanuel Terrero
- Game stats: 3-4 with a triple and one run scored
- Season stats: .304/.406/.424 slash line
RHP Owen Sharts
- Game stats: two innings pitched, no hits, no earned runs, one walk, and two strikeouts.
- Season stats: six games, 1-0 record, 5.40 ERA, 8.1 innings pitched, six strikeouts, and seven walks
One of the Pirates up and coming prospects, Shalin Polanco, blasted a three-run homer in the third inning, and Bradenton never looked back in a 7-6 win.