One of the Pirates’ prospects who stood out with a monster game was the club’s 13th-round pick in this year’s draft. Let’s take a look at how some of the Pirates’ prospects fared on Tuesday night.
SS Nick Gonzales
- Game Stats: 2-4 with one run scored
- Season Stats: .262/.377/.450 with six homers, five triples, 15 doubles, and 27 RBIs
RHP Travis MacGregor
- Game Stats: 2.2 IP, three hits, no runs, no walks, and four strikeouts
- Season Stats: 29 games (three starts), 5-0 record, 2.56 ERA, 23 walks, and 67 strikeouts in 59.2 innings pitched
The Indians were down 8-0 heading into the sixth inning. Indianapolis scored seven runs in the bottom of the sixth. The Indians, however, we’re unable to pull off the comeback as they fell 9-8. Beau Sulser allowed eight earned runs in 2.1 innings pitched.
SS Tsung-Che Cheng
- Game stats: 2-4, one home run, one double, and three RBIs
- Season stats: .301/.374/.503 with 11 homers, 10 triples, 17 doubles, 21 stolen bases, and 43 RBIs
RHP Tahnaj Thomas
- Game stats: 2.0 IP, one hit, no earned runs, no walks, and one strikeout
- Season stats: 26 games (one start), 3-2, 4.99 ERA, 26 walks, and 19 strikeouts in 30.2 innings pitched
The Altoona Pizzas, as they will be known as throughout this week, lost their opener to the Erie Seawolves 7-3. Cheng added to his hit streak which now stands at 15 games in a row, and he hit his tenth homer of the season.
Nick Dombkowski allowed three earned runs in five innings during his start against the Seawolves.
3B Jack Brannigan
- Game stats: 3-5 one home run, one double, and three RBIs
- Season stats: .271/.398/.500 with 11 homers, three triples, 10 doubles, and 29 RBIs
DH Josiah Sightler
- Game stats: 2-5, one RBI
- Season stats: .379/.456/.614 with eight homers, seven doubles and 34 RBIs
There wasn’t a whole lot to write home about for the Grasshoppers as their pitching staff was charged with 12 earned runs (14 total), and as a result, they lost to Greenville 14-8.
Jase Bowen and Wyatt Hendrie combined for three runs batted in (Bowen with two RBIs).
LF Charles McAdoo
- Game stats: 6-6, with two homers, one double, and eight RBIs
- Season stats: .688/.737/.1.125 with two homers, one double, and ten RBIs
SS Mitch Jebb
- Game Stats: 2-5 with three runs scored
- Season Stats: .378/.425/.432 with two doubles, three stolen bases, and three RBIs
McAdoo, the Pirates 13th-round pick in the 2023 draft, had himself a night. With two homers, a double, and eight RBIs, McAdoo aided Bradenton in their 13-9 win over Fort Myers.
OF prospect Lonnie White Jr. had two doubles as he went 2-6 at the plate.