Quinn Priester continued his strong season with Double-A Altoona with seven shutout innings on Friday night.
Priester, the top pitching prospect in the Pirates’ system, is inching closer to earning a promotion to Triple-A Indianapolis.
In relief of Priester, Dillon Peters made his first rehab appearance, tossing a scoreless eighth inning with a pair of strikeouts. Peters is working his way back from left elbow inflammation.
Here are the noteworthy performances from Friday night down on the farm.
Indianapolis Indians (69-63)
C/OF Blake Sabol
- Game: 2 for 3 with a home run, two RBIs, two runs and two walks
- Season: .300/.432/.667, one triple, three home runs, six RBIs, nine games
INF Diego Castillo
- Game: 2 for 4 with two runs
- Season: .248/.326/.357, five doubles, three home runs, 11 RBIs, 33 games
Sabol belted his third home run as he continued his hot start with Indianapolis in its 7-5 win over the Omaha Storm Chasers.
Castillo recorded a pair of hits and scored two runs. Bligh Madris also picked up two hits for the Indians.
Altoona Curve (66-63)
RHP Quinn Priester
- Game: 7.0 innings, two hits, no runs, two walks, five strikeouts
- Season: 4-3, 2.13 ERA, 71.2 innings, 60 hits, 20 walks, 70 strikeouts, 14 games/14 starts
1B Malcom Nunez
- Game: 3 for 4 with a double, an RBI and a run
- Season: .288/.362/.513, three doubles, five home runs, 16 RBIs, 22 games
Priester’s impressive outing helped the Curve to a 3-1 win over the Erie SeaWolves. Nunez led the offense with three hits.
Endy Rodriguez and Andres Alvarez also drove in runs for Altoona.
Greensboro Grasshoppers (58-69)
RHP Jared Jones
- Game: 4.0 innings, five hits, three runs (two earned), two walks, three strikeouts
- Season: 5-7, 4.62 ERA, 122.2 innings, 115 hits, 51 walks, 142 strikeouts, 26 games/26 starts
1B Jacob Gonzalez
- Game: 2 for 4
- Season: .285/.351/.412, 13 doubles, one triple, nine home runs, 45 RBIs, 87 games
Jones took the loss as the Grasshoppers were blanked 5-0 by the Bowling Green Hot Rods. Gonzalez led the offense with a pair of singles.
Outfielder Jase Bowen doubled for Greensboro.
Bradenton Marauders (65-62)
POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN