Pittsburgh Pirates prospect Termarr Johnson appears to be finding his groove in his first full season of professional baseball with the Low-A Bradenton Marauders.
Johnson collected three hits for Bradenton on Tuesday night, and two of those three hits left the yard. The 2022 first-rounder now has seven home runs on the season.
The first multi-homer game of his career is another indicator that Johnson is finding his footing with the Marauders. After a slow start to begin his season after coming off the injured list, Johnson has been performing at a high-level lately.
Johnson was joined by these Pirates’ prospects as the notable performers from Tuesday’s minor league action.
2B Nick Gonzales
- Game stats: 1 for 3, one double, one RBI, two walks
- Season stats: .258/.365/.445, 13 doubles, four triples, six home runs, 27 RBIs, one steal, 54 games
RHP Jared Jones
- Game stats: 5.2 innings, three hits, three runs, two walks, five strikeouts
- Season stats: 0-1, 4.76 ERA, 3er/5.2ip, two walks, five strikeouts, one appearances/one start
Jones pitched better than the line indicates in his Triple-A debut and Gonzales had a nice game at the plate but Indianapolis fell 3-1 to the Columbus Clippers.
Pirates prospect Alika Williams had a pair of hits and scored a run.
LF Connor Scott
- Game stats: 3 for 4, one RBI, one steal
- Season stats: .210/.261/.327, eight doubles, four triples, one home run, 22 RBIs, six steals, 44 games
SS Liover Peguero
- Game stats: 2 for 5, one double
- Season stats: .272/.338/.449, 17 doubles, one triple, eight home runs, 31 RBIs, 15 steals, 58 games
Scott and Peguero combined for five hits for Altoona but the Curve were defeated 4-1 by the Bowie Baysox.
Pirates prospect Aaron Shortridge took the loss despite pitching well, allowing two runs in 5.1 innings with six strikeouts.
RF Jase Bowen
- Game stats: 3 for 3, two RBIs, two runs, one walk
- Season stats: .244/.316/.455, seven doubles, one triple, 12 home runs, 49 RBIs, 10 steals, 53 games
INF Mike Jarvis
- Game stats: 3 for 4, one RBI, two runs
- Season stats: .244/.333/.487, eight doubles, three triples, eight home runs, 34 RBIs, 13 steals, 41 games
Bowen and Jarvis each had three-hit games in Greensboro’s 10-7 win over the Winston-Salem Dash.
Pirates prospect Maikol Escotto hit a grand slam and designated hitter Shawn Ross hit a three-run homer to push Greensboro to victory.
2B Termarr Johnson
- Game stats: 3 for 4, two home runs, two RBIs, two runs
- Season stats: .262/.425/.462, eight doubles, seven home runs, 25 RBIs, three steals, 44 games
DH Enmanuel Terrero
- Game stats: 1 for 4, one home run, one RBI, one run
- Season stats: .298/.400/.447, six doubles, five triples, five home runs, 25 RBIs, 16 steals, 55 games
Johnson’s big night and a homer from Terrero carried Bradenton to a fourth-straight win with a 6-2 victory over the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
Pirates prospect Deivis Nadal went 1 for 4 with two RBIs and two steals. Right-hander Ryan Harbin earned the win with two innings of scoreless relief.