The Greensboro Grasshoppers were rained out by the other three Pittsburgh Pirates’ minor league affiliates were in action on Thursday.
The only minor league team to win was Double-A Altoona, who had a come-from-behind victory after receiving contributions from several Pirates’ prospects.
Infielder Domingo Leyba continued to impress at the plate this season, while a pair of pitchers extended their scoreless inning streaks to begin the season.
Here are some of the top performers from all the action on Thursday.
LF Josh Palacios
- Game stats: 1 for 2, two walks
- Season stats: .300/.391/.500, one double, one home run, six RBIs, five games
RHP Hunter Stratton
- Game stats: 2.0 innings, two hits, no runs, two walks, no strikeouts
- Season stats: 0-0, 2.19 ERA, 3er/12.1ip, 12 hits, 10 walks, 19 strikeouts, eight appearances/one start
Not a whole lot to highlight as Indianapolis was defeated 7-0 by the Columbus Clippers. Palacios continued his nice start to his Triple-A stint with the Pirates and Stratton worked around traffic to keep Columbus off the scoreboard.
Pirates prospect Quinn Priester had his outing begin on a promising note, but the right-hander ended with four earned runs in 4.2 innings. He struck out five.
RHP Sean Sullivan
- Game stats: 5.0 innings, four hits, no runs, two walks, six strikeouts
- Season stats: 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0er/11.2ip, eight hits, five walks, eight strikeouts, three appearances/three starts
INF Domingo Leyba
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one RBI, one run
- Season stats: .377/.459/.547, three doubles, two home runs, 11 RBIs, 15 games
Backed by a strong start from Sullivan, the Curve put up three runs in the ninth inning in their 3-2 win over the Fightin Phils. Leyba’s RBI-single was the final run of the frame.
Pirates’ prospect Henry Davis was on base three times, drove in a run and improved his OPS on the year to 1.064. First baseman Jacob Gonzalez had two hits.
GAME POTPONED – MAKEUP SCHEDULED FOR 4/28
RF Rodolfo Nolasco
- Game stats: 1 for 4, one double, two RBIs, one run
- Season stats: .333/.333/.583, three doubles, two RBIs, three games
1B Nick Cimillo
- Game stats: 1 for 2, one RBI, one run, two walks
- Season stats: .200/.400/.200, three RBIs, seven games
While Nolasco and Cimillo were both productive at the plate, Bradenton was defeated by the Dunedin Blue Jays 9-5.
Pirates prospect Ryan Harbin threw two scoreless innings and now has yet to allow a run through his first five appearances on the season.