After looking at the top performers amongst Pittsburgh Pirates’ prospects at the two lower levels, it’s time to see how is performing best for Double-A Altoona.
Most of the top Pirates’ prospects who were performing the best with Altoona this season have since moved on to Triple-A Indianapolis or the big leagues.
Even so, it doesn’t mean there aren’t still some notable performers. Here they are.
1B Mason Martin
- Season stats: .216/.369/.461, eight doubles, 14 home runs, 41 RBIs, six steals, 61 games
Martin’s well-known power has been on display as evident by his 14 home runs and he’s shown a great ability to get on base with a 17.3% walk rate.
OF Matt Gorski
- Season stats: .246/.301/.440, nine doubles, two triples, 13 home runs, 45 RBIs, 16 steals, 70 games
Gorksi has a legitimate shot to be a 20-20 guy this season as he needs only seven more home runs and four more stolen bases.
INF Jackson Glenn
- Season stats: .318/.400/.455, three doubles, six RBIs, two steals, five games
Glenn was rolling with High-A Greensboro which lead to a recent promotion to Altoona. With the Curve, he’s continued to perform well.
RHP Sean Sullivan
- Season stats: 2-2, 4.16 ERA, 29er/62.2ip, 62 hits, 19 walks, 53 strikeouts, 13 appearances/13 starts
Sullivan has been a steady presences in Altoona’s rotation this season.
LHP Anthony Solometo
- Season stats: 1-1, 2.37 ERA, 5er/19.0ip, 14 hits, four walks, 21 strikeouts, four appearances/four starts
Solometo is one of the top pitching prospects the Pirates have and he’s shown why since being bumped up to Double-A.
RHP Braxton Ashcraft
- Season stats: 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0er/7.0ip, four hits, one walk, seven strikeouts, three appearances/three starts
Ashcraft has had some injury concerns this season leading Altoona to being more cautious with him, but he’s been great when healthy.
LHP Nick Dombkowski
- Season stats: 2-2, 3.66 ERA, 19er/46.2ip, 42 hits, 14 walks, 34 strikeouts, 21 appearances/four starts
The left-handed Dombkowski has been a reliable arm for the Curve.