Just as the Pittsburgh Pirates did on Friday night, the Indianapolis pulled off a come-from-behind victory over the Louisville Bats.
Though he’s not a prospect, Ji-Man Choi helped to lead the charge with three hits, a triple, a home run and four RBIs as the Indians scored five runs in the game’s final two frames to pull of a victory.
Plenty of Pirates’ prospects played a big role in the win, and plenty more stood out across the farm.
2B Alika Williams
- Game stats: 2 for 5, one home run, one RBI, one run
- Season stats: .262/.361/.443, two doubles, three home runs, eight RBIs, three steals, 18 games
OF Canaan Smith-Njigba
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one run, one walk
- Season stats: .248/.343/.510, 11 doubles, one triple, nine home runs, 27 RBIs, eight steals, 40 games
Williams homered for the second-straight game and Smith-Njigba had two hits in Indianapolis 10-8 win over Louisville.
Endy Rodriguez finished the game 1 for 4 with two runs, an RBI and two walks.
1B Mason Martin
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one home run, one RBI
- Season stats: .207/.364/.453, eight doubles, 12 home runs, 36 RBIs, five steals, 54 games
LHP Nick Dombkowski
- Game stats: 4.0 innings, four hits, no runs, no walks, three strikeouts
- Season stats: 2-2, 3.73 ERA, 17er/41.0ip, 40 hits, 13 walks, 29 strikeouts, 20 appearances/three starts
Martin connected on his 12th homer of the season and Dombkowski three four sparkling innings but Altoona fell 5-1 to the Harrisburg Senators.
Pirates prospect Liover Peguero went 1 for 3 with a walk and a stolen base — his 19th of the season.
SS Shawn Ross
- Game stats: 1 for 2, one home run, two RBIs, one run, one walk
- Season stats: .234/.300/.484, one double, five home runs, 12 RBIs, 18 games
LHP Mitchell Miller
- Game stats: 3.0 innings, two hits, no runs, no walks, one strikeout
- Season stats: 3-3, 6.11 ERA, 19er/28.0ip, 30 hits, 14 walks, 36 strikeouts, 22 appearances/two starts
Ross’ homer was the Grasshoppers lone hit while Miller tossed three innings of strong relief in Greensboro’s 5-2 loss to the Hickory Crawdads.
Pirates prospect Eddy Yean threw an inning of spotless relief and struck out one.
LF Enmanuel Terrero
- Game stats: 1 for 4, one double, one run
- Season stats: .299/.402/.436, seven doubles, five triples, five home runs, 29 RBIs, 16 steals, 62 games
2B Termarr Johnson
- Game stats: 1 for 4, one RBI
- Season stats: .237/.394/.405, eight doubles, seven home runs, 26 RBIs, three steals, 51 games
Terrero and Johnson were the only Pirates’ prospects of note in Bradenton’s 14-1 crushing loss at the hands of the Clearwater Threshers.