It was a pair of Pittsburgh Pirates’ prospects with High-A Greensboro who garnered the attention on Tuesday night.
Harrington threw seven impressive innings and recorded 11 strikeouts. The 22-year-old allowed only one run on four hits and walked one batter.
As for Johnson, he went hitless in three trips to the plate and drew a walk.
Here are the other notables from Tuesday.
OF Miguel Andújar
- Game stats: 4 for 5, one double, five RBIs, one run
- Season stats: .361/.420/.580, 24 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs, 76 RBIs, four steals, 78 games
OF Canaan Smith-Njigba
- Game stats: 2 for 4, one RBI, one walk, one steal
- Season stats: .251/.356/.471, 18 doubles, one triple, 10 home runs, 37 RBIs, 11 steals, 62 games
Andújar had another huge night while Smith-Njigba contributed at the plate in Indianapolis’ 7-5 win over the Gwinnett Stripers.
Ji Hwan Bae started a rehab assignment and went 0 for 2 with a walk and a run scored while playing second base.
RHP Beau Sulser
- Game stats: 5.0 innings, one hit, no runs, one walk, one strikeout
- Season stats: 0-1, 3.86 ERA, 6er/14.0ip, 12 hits, two walks, 12 strikeouts, four appearances/four starts
RHP Justin Meis
- Game stats: 2.0 innings, no hits, no runs, two walks, two strikeouts
- Season stats: 4-3, 5.40 ERA, 35er/58.1ip, 60 hits, 33 walks, 52 strikeouts, 19 appearances/six starts
Sulser and Meis helped lead Altoona to a 1-0 walk-off victory over the Richmond Flying Squirrels.
Pirates prospect Connor Scott drew a bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the ninth to lift the Curve to the win.
RHP Thomas Harrington
- Game stats: 7.0 innings, four hits, one run, one walk, 11 strikeouts
- Season stats: 1-3, 4.36 ERA, 26er/53.2ip, 62 hits, 13 walks, 67 strikeouts, 11 appearances/11 starts
LF Tres Gonzalez
- Game stats: 1 for 4, one home run, three RBIs, one run
- Season stats: .278/.389/.405, 14 doubles, six home runs, 33 RBIs, 17 steals, 65 games
Gonzalez’s home run helped Harrington earn his first High-A win as Greensboro took down the Ashville Tourists 4-2.
Pirates prospect Jase Bowen also homered for Greensboro, his 19th of the season.
CF Lonnie White Jr.
- Game stats: 2 for 3, one triple, one double, one RBI, four runs
- Season stats: .233/.397/.383, one double, one triple, two home runs, 11 RBIs, four steals, 17 games
RF Jesus Castillo
- Game stats: 3 for 6, one double, one steal
- Season stats: .234/.396/.288, nine doubles, two triples, one home run, 34 RBIs, 26 steals, 90 games
White and Castillo both stuffed the stat sheet for Bradenton, but the Marauders were bested by the Tampa Tarpons 15-6.
Pirates’ 2023 draft pick Garret Forester made his pro debut and went 1 for 2 with three walks. Fellow draftee Mitch Jebb finished 2 for 6 with a pair of runs scored.