After looking at the Pittsburgh Pirates’ prospects who have stood out for Low-A Bradenton, it’s time to move up a level and move up the east coast as we head to High-A Greensboro.
Like with Bradenton, several prospects have been having pretty solid seasons so far with the Grasshoppers.
Here are the top position players and pitchers currently with Greensboro.
OF Jase Bowen
- Season stats: .257/.334/.494, nine doubles, two triples, 17 home runs, 62 RBIs, 13 steals, 68 games
Bowen has been having a great year in terms of power, run producing and speed. He currently leads the team in OPS.
OF Tres Gonzalez
- Season stats: .282/.396/.395, 10 doubles, four home runs, 23 RBIs, 15 steals, 51 games
Gonzalez began the year on a tear with Bradenton leading to a promotion to Greensboro, where he’s also played well. He’s been especially hot of late.
INF Mike Jarvis
- Season stats: .236/.323/.468, 10 doubles, five triples, 10 home runs, 42 RBIs, 18 steals, 56 games
Jarvis is also having a solid year in the power department but his speed has been more impressive. He’s only been caught stealing once in 19 tries.
RHP Po-Yu Chen
- Season stats: 3-5, 4.15 ERA, 36er/78.0ip, 76 hits, 26 walks, 75 strikeouts, 15 appearances/14 starts
After struggling out of the gate, Chen has been pitching very well in the hitter-friendly South Atlantic League.
RHP Will Kobos
- Season stats: 2-1, 1.06 ERA, 2er/17.0ip, four hits, seven walks, 22 strikeouts, two saves, 11 appearances
Kobos is currently on the injured list with a hamstring injury but when he was healthy he was just about untouchable out of the bullpen.
RHP Dante Mendoza
- Season stats: 4-2, 3.03 ERA, 12er/35.2ip, 34 hits, 21 walks, 50 strikeouts, 25 appearances
Pehaps a forgotten piece of the Erik Gonzalez/Jordan Luplow trade a few years back, Mendoza has looked good this year.
LHP Cy Nielson
- Season stats: 2-2, 3.48 ERA, 12er/31.0ip, 27 hits, 15 walks, 37 strikeouts, seven saves, 26 appearances
Nielson leads Greensboro with seven saves on the year.