Just like in Saturday’s edition of Pirates Prospect Watch, there are only three games to report on. On Saturday, it was the Low-A Bradenton Marauders who were rained out. They will have a doubleheader Sunday.
In his second game off the injured list, Ji-hwan Bae had a big night for Triple-A Indianapolis, and Endy Rodriguez just keeps hitting at Double-A Altoona. Here are the top performers down on the farm from Saturday.
Indianapolis Indians (57-57)
INF/OF Ji-hwan Bae
- Game: 2 for 4 with a triple, two RBIs and two runs
- Season: .300/.367/.456, 17 doubles, five triples, eight home runs, 43 RBIs, 21 steals, 85 games
RHP Miguel Yajure
- Game: 5.0 innings, five hits, two runs, two walks, seven strikeouts
- Season: 3-4, 6.52 ERA, 49.2 innings, 56 hits, 21 walks, 46 strikeouts, 15 games/12 starts
Indianapolis reached the .500 mark in its 6-2 win over the Iowa Cubs and Bae reached a .300 batting average thanks to a two-hit night. Yajure was strong over his five innings and had a season-high seven strikeouts.
Altoona Curve (57-56)
C/DH Blake Sabol
- Game: 2 for 3 with an RBI, a run and a walk
- Season: .277/.346/.480, 21 doubles, five triples, 13 home runs, 57 RBIs, nine steals, 93 games
1B Aaron Shackelford
- Game: 1 for 3 with a double and two RBIs
- Season: .252/.321/.534, 21 doubles, one triple, 23 home runs, 67 RBIs, nine steals, 90 games
The offense was led by strong performances from both Sabol and Shackelford in Altoona’s 7-4 win over the Harrisburg Senators.
Rodriguez extended extended his hitting streak to eight games with Altoona, collecting a hit in each game since his promotion from High-A Greensboro. Nick Gonzales and Jared Triolo were both on base twice. Luis Ortiz had eight strikeouts in six innings.
Greensboro Grasshoppers (48-62)
OF Hudson Head
- Game: 2 for 5 with a triple, an RBI and a run
- Season: .237/.340/.393, 16 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs, 39 RBIs, 10 steals, 94 games
RHP Ricky DeVito
- Game: 4.0 innings, two hits, no runs, two walks, five strikeouts
- Season: 3-4, 5.03 ERA, 59 innings, 52 hits, 39 walks, 75 strikeouts, 32 games/three starts
The Grasshoppers defeated the Rome Braves 4-3 thanks to a ninth-inning go-ahead single from Eli Wilson. Head picked up his second triple of the season as part of a two-hit night.
DeVito was excellent out of the bullpen as the right-hander covered four scoreless frames. Francisco Acuna stayed hot with two more hits.
Bradenton Marauders (58-53)
POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER – DOUBLEHEADER ON SUNDAY