Welcome to the PBN Around the Horn. Here you’ll find news and notes from across Major League Baseball, your Pittsburgh Pirates, and around the Sports Now network.
There comes a time in a young man’s life when he must test himself; in the wild, it’s a young lion challenging an old lion; you also have the old gunslinger having one last draw. For me, my test is concocting fight scenarios with MLB mascots. Now, of course, I will only pick the ones where I can win, and naturally, I have found at least five I’m confident victory can be achieved.
- Phillie Phanatic (Philadelphia)- He looks like he couldn’t handle someone with a wrestling background (Thanks Middle School.)
- Orbit (Houston)- Ummm… just look up a picture of him; it looks as if a baby could wipe the floor with him.
- Lou Seal (San Fransisco)- I mean, come on, he’s a seal with limited mobility (just bob and weave BAYBAY!)
- The Swinging Friar (San Diego)- He kind of looks like he’s had one too many adult beverages, one swing should do it.
- Raymond (Tampa Bay)- I’ve never known a tough guy named Raymond; also, take the same advice for number two and get back to me.
Pittsburgh Baseball Now Notes
Pirates Prospects Notes
Around the Network
Steelers Now: Cam Heyward and TJ Watt Elected to the Pro Bowl
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Elephant in the Room: This Looks Like the Last Ride For the Core
Pittsburgh Sports Now: Nick Patti Named Pitt’s Starter For the Peach Bowl
WVU Sports Now: Postgame Reaction to WVU’s Win Over Youngstown State
Nittany Sports Now: Penn State QB Sean Clifford Up For Pop Warner Award