Early in the Greensboro game, Pittsburgh Pirates prospect, Termarr Johnson, came to the plate and got hit by a pitch in the hand.
Johnson left the game after a few minutes of rolling on the ground in pain.
There is no official word on Johnson’s condition. Altoona had a fun game, and we saw Aaron Shortridge pitch another gem and solidify his month in August.
Altoona was one oof a full slate of games. Let’s look at the rest of the Pirates’ farm system and see how the youngsters fared.
RHP Kyle Nicolas
- Game stats: 1.0 IP, no hits, no runs, no walks, and two strikeouts
- Season stats: 4-7, 5.78 ERA, 85.2 innings pitched, 46 walks, and 107 strikeouts in 25 games (17 starts in Double-A and Triple-A)
RF Canaan Smith-Njigba
- Game stats: 1-4, a double, and an RBI
- Season stats: .251/.344/.447, 11 homers, one triple, 19 doubles, and 45 RBIs (275 at-bats, or 75 games)
The Indians fell to St. Paul Thursday night by a score of 4-1. Until the eighth inning, the Indians found themselves in a 4-0 deficit until Smith-Njigba hit an RBI double.
One of the few bright spots was Nicolas’ appearance, where he pitched a perfect inning while getting two strikeouts. In addition, Nicolas averaged 97.7 mph on his four-seam and maxed out at 98.6.
RHP Aaron Shortridge
- Game stats: 6.0 IP, seven hits, two runs, no walks, and five strikeouts
- Season stats: 8-7, 4.68 ERA, 115.1 IP, 38 walks, and 97 strikeouts in 24 games (22 starts)
CF Matt Fraizer
- Game stats: 2-4, a double, triple, and two RBIs
- Season stats: .250/.327/.364, seven homers, two triples, 15 doubles, and 41 RBIs (352 at-bats, or 98 games
The Curve earned their 52nd win Thursday night after Shortridge put together another impressive performance. In August, Shortridge had an ERA of 1.71 in 21 innings pitched.
Fraizer’s two hits were both extra bases, and Jackson Glenn continued to excel in the leadoff spot going 2-3 and drew two walks. The Curve won 6-3 over Bowie.
C Wyatt Hendrie
- Game stats: 2-3, a homer, and one RBI
- Season stats: .228/.344/.351, five homers, two triples, nine doubles, and 24 RBIs (228 at-bats, or 66 games between Low-A and High-A)
CF Jase Bowen
- Game stats: 2-5, a double, and four RBIs
- Season stats: .262/.339/.486, 22 homers, four triples, 12 doubles, and 84 RBIs (385 at-bats, or 97 games
Despite Greensboro winning, the night’s story is Johnson and his health. Johnson left after getting hit by a pitch in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The pitch appeared to hit him in the hand/wrist area, and he was on the ground for a few minutes, writhing in pain.
The Hoppers rallied back after that and beat Bowling Green 10-8.
LHP Jaden Woods
Game stats: 2.0 IP, no hits, no runs, no walks, and three strikeouts
Season stats: 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 5.0 IP, one walk, and six strikeouts in three games (no starts)
RHP Owen Kellington
Game stats: 4.0 IP, three hits, no runs, two walks, and five strikeouts
Season stats: 0-2, 3.90 ERA, 67.0 IP, 44 walks, and 81 strikeouts in 20 games (15 starts)
Due to Wednesday’s weather, Bradenton and Lakeland played a doubleheader Thursday night.
In game one, the Marauders beat Lakeland 4-3 after a dominating performance from Kellington and some timely offense from Kalae Harrison and Rodolfo Nolasco.
In addition, Harrison’s first pro hit was a solo homer in game one.
Game two came down to the wire, but the Marauders imploded in the top of the seventh inning and lost the game 6-2.