In 86 games with High-A Greensboro last season, Pittsburgh Pirates prospect Jackson Glenn but four home runs.
Glenn almost matched that total in just one game as he slugged three home runs for the Grasshoppers on Sunday.
Greensboro saw plenty of players have good performances. While Triple-A Indianapolis and Double-A Altoona had their games postponed, Greensboro was in action and Low-A Bradenton had a doubleheader.
Here are the prospects who stood out.
GAME POSTPONED – MAKEUP SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 21
DH Jackson Glenn
- Game stats: 4 for 4, three home runs, six RBIs, three runs, one walk
- Season stats: .333/.400/.630, four doubles, four home runs, 15 RBIs, one steal, 15 games
LHP Anthony Solometo
- Game stats: 4.0 innings, two his, no runs, three walks, six strikeouts
- Season stats: 0-1, 3.86 ERA, 9er/21ip, 15 hits, 13 walks, 26 strikeouts, five appearances/five starts
Backed by a solid outing from Solometo, Glenn’s three home runs to lead Greensboro to a convincing 12-1 win over the Rome Braves.
In addition to Glenn, Pirates prospects Tsung-Che Cheng and Mike Jarvis also went deep. Glenn, Cheng, Hudson Head and Sammy Siani all had multiple hits.
1B Alexander Mojica
- Game stats: 2 for 3, two doubles, one RBI
- Season stats: .286/.435/.408, three doubles, one home run, nine RBIs, 14 games
RHP Derek Diamond
- Game stats: 5.0 innings, five hits, two runs, one walk, four strikeouts
- Season stats: 2-2, 5.00 ERA, 10er/18.0ip, 23 hits, two walks, 17 strikeouts, four appearances/two starts
Diamond’s performance is game two gave Bradenton a 4-3 comeback win over the Dunedin Blue Jays after a crushing 18-2 loss in the first game of the doubleheader.
Mojica had two doubles for the Marauders while Pirates prospects Nick Cimillo and Wyatt Hendrie homered.